Brochure project for Ivory Keys piano studios.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. The logo for this company was created in InDesign. The goal is that when the brochure is closed it will be the logo. There is also a grey miniature logo on the back of the brochure.
2. The images were taken from pixabay.com. Since I am using a black background I looked for piano images with more of a brown color so that the black would not be drowned out in the background of the brochure.
3. The shape of the brochure and the keys on the brochure were created in InDesign.
4. I used a more ivory color, not stark white, for the words and the piano keys. Using the text wrap I mad the paragraphs move around each image to make everything flow and easily fit on the brochure.
5. I exported the brochures design as a JPEG and uploaded it here.
I met with my classmates and they like my design. Their advise was to put the logo on the back in a different color. I also had some ideas for different logos but also like the idea of making the piano shape as the logo. One person suggested having a separate logo but the rest of my group like the idea of making the piano shape the logo.
Calls out to pianists and brings their attention to the sales and repairs available to them. It also calls to the ammeter pianist who is looking to advance their talents with lessons.
Music lovers, especially pianists.
TOP THING LEARNED
Next time I want to take my own pictures and make it completely my own. Remember to remove the strokes from the shapes so that everything fits evenly and lines up.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Neutral // Black and White
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Apple Chancery // Decorative
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Helvetica // Sans Serif
THUMBNAILS OF IMAGES USED
All images were taken from pixabay.com
Photo 3: https://pixabay.com/en/piano-piano-keys-wood-instrument-582330/